Ron de Jeremy

PRIOR to sampling this Panamanian 40% rum, the only thing I knew about Ron Jeremy was that he was the leading man in a selection of films featuring quite a lot of nudity. As a result, I'll try and resist the temptation to include double entendres and any quips about stiff drinks etc...oops!
    Back to the rum, then, and the first thing I noticed was how delicate the rum was in the glass. I had to leave it for 10 minutes and spend another 10 minutes or so with my nose in the glass searching for aromas. They are there, but this is a rum where it pays to be patient.
    On the nose, there's bananas, apples, white sugar, honey and caramel - but each of these scents I found to be very delicate. Take a sip, and this actually proves to be quite a robust rum with a good bit of flavour. There's golden syrup, raisins, honey, spice and vanilla, while the finish is dry, sweet and very smooth.
    I may have been spoiled by some of the other rum tastings on this blog, but while this is certainly a decent drop, it doesn't match some of the quality rums I've previously tried. That said, I did very much enjoy the Ron de Jeremy and I would definitely order it in a bar - although I might feel a wee bit bashful asking for it.
    My thanks once again go to Captain Steven James at the Rum Diaries Blog for sending the Ron de Jeremy this way. Cheers, fella.

Comments