Whisky Advent Calendar: Day 11/24 - Mackmyra Brukswhisky - 41.4%

Nose: Light and fruity with fresh raspberries, green bananas, crunchy green apples, fruit salad chews and golden caster sugar.

Palate: Thick, vanilla rich custard with a swirl of golden syrup, red liquorice, icing sugar, buttery pastry and a hint of lemon.

Finish: Sugar-topped shortbread, slight rye notes, a sprinkling of sawdust and a drop of vanilla essence.

Notes: I've long wanted to try something from this Swedish distillery and the Brukswhisky was everything I hoped it would be. It's a fine whisky and is beautifully balanced. I will definitely be buying a bottle early in the new year - if not before. Lovely.

Comments

  1. Just want to say how much I appreciate your tasting notes on the whisky advent calendar. My wife gave me one as an early Christmas present and I've been comparing my tasting notes with your posts each night...finally caught up a few mins ago. For the record, my favorite is the Talisker, followed closely by the Glen Garioch and Grant's 25. Looking forward to many more. Thanks again and Slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steven,
    Thanks for the kind words. I've really enjoyed tasting new whiskies from the calendar and I've earmarked a few to explore further in the new year. I think one of the great things about whisky is that everyone smells and tastes different things, but as I've found out this year, seeing other people's thoughts can often bring things to the fore that you might have otherwise missed. Glad you enjoy the blog and thanks again for dropping by. I really do appreciate it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment