Drinks By the Dram - a month in whisky heaven

WITH the last drop of Glenfarclas 40 year old now a distant memory, I thought I would reflect on my Whisky Advent Calendar experience. I sampled a total of 19 new drams and I discovered several which I will be buying in 2014.
    Everyone's tastes are different, so those who have also been sampling this fine collection of 24 drams might not agree, but my three favourites (from the new drams I tried) were: The Glencadam 21, the Mackmyra Brukswhisky and the Scapa 16 year old, while old favourites such as the Yamazaki 12, Nikka From the Barrel and the Glen Garioch 12 were  fantastic. On the negative side, I really didn't care for the Chivas Regal 18, the Evan Williams Single Barrel 2003 Vintage or the Dalmore 18.
    I'll definitely be buying the calendar next year from Master of Malt and I'm hoping Linkwood and Old Pulteney make an appearance in some form, so I had better start saving now for November 2014's purchase.
    Going forward from here, I've decided to keep my tasting notes along the same lines as December's entries - short and sweet and free from rambling tales. I have a barrel-load of whiskies still to review and keeping everything concise is the only way I'll get through them. Cheers

Comments